Okolona’s Edens four back at 98th MGA
Okolona’s Barrett Edens is four back and former Blue Mountain golfer Michael Collie was in the lead heading into Saturday’s third round of the MGA’s 98th annual State Amateur Championship with an opportunity to make some noise.
Collie overcame a rough first round – 4-over-par 76 – to post a 3-under 69 Friday at Grand Bear.
Edens, a Mississippi State golfer, recorded a 4-under 68 to move into a third-place tie with Saucier’s Jared Smith and Ocean Springs’ Steve Wilson at 3-under 141, four shots behind Brescher.
Pass Christian’s Nick Beale is second with a 4-under 140.
“I made a few more putts today and I had a few good swings,” Edens said.
“I can’t think a-bout anybody else (today and Sunday). I’ve got to handle my business.
“There are a lot of good players atop the leaderboard and still 36 holes left.”
Two-time defending State Am champion, MSU golf coach Clay Homan, is tied for 15th with a 76-77 – 147.
Ole Miss golfer, Noah West of Tupelo, is tied for 20th at 77-71 – 148. Tupelo’s Austin Rose (150), Tupelo’s David Griffin (152), Calhoun City’s T.J. Morgan (152), Potts Camp’s Jon Williams (152) and Hamilton’s Tracy Cockerham (154) made the cut.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Samford names Herrod to Dean’s List July 20, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago