OKOLONA – Virgie Cunningham Vasser died Thursday, June 6, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center. She was born Feb. 1, 1919, to Henry Cunningham and Malinda Sims Cunningham.
She was a homemaker and a member of New Hebron M.B. Church. She helped rear all her grandchildren, and she loved gardening.
Services will be at 3 p.m. Sunday, June 9, at New Hebron M.B. Church with the Rev. Sam Crawford officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery. Williams Memorial of Okolona is in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by five daughters, Marie Lee (Joseph), Charlie M. King (James), Mary Troope, Arvalla Gardner (Johnny “Nute”) and Margie Vasser Pierce, all of Aberdeen; a son, Sam Vasser (Jennifer) of Montgomery Ala.; a special granddaughter, Lorretta Johnson (Willie) of Prairie; a sister-in-law, Arlene Graves of Kalamazoo, Mich.; special cousins, Earnestine Brown and Jackie Flournoy; 17 grandchildren, 44 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, three sisters, four brothers, and a son-in-law.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona nipped by Shannon September 22, 2016
- Chickasaw County legislator was near New York terrorist attack September 26, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: A place called Houston September 26, 2016
- Fight brought to Houston PD September 27, 2016
- Waterfowl season dates told September 27, 2016
- Houston Homecoming Queen September 29, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Made in Chickasaw September 29, 2016
- Two arrested on drug charges September 28, 2016
- ICC offers C2C to those who want to work September 28, 2016
- East Webster rolls over South Pontotoc September 28, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago