Dig in at your local library
CHICKASAW COUNTY – School is out and before the children have a chance to get bored, local libraries in and around Chickasaw County are offering summer reading programs full of information and fun.
History, archeology and agriculture are just some of the topics offered through the Summer Reading programs in the Dixie Regional Library system which includes the Houston and Okolona Carnegie Libraries, Houlka Library and Edmondson Library in Vardaman.
Readers of all ages will explore different areas of study and fun and games will be incorporated for children and youth.
Houston Carnegie Library
Pre-teen programs, ages 4-9
Tuesdays from 1-2 p.m.
June 11, Natural Soil Resources with Debbie Gaston
June 18, Fishy Fishes by Lara Dobins
June 25, Night Crawlers by the Natchez Trace Parkway
June 25, Awards party
July 16, Uniquely You Owl Painting with Shelly Sheffield
Teen programs, ages 10-17
Thursdays from 1-2 p.m.
June 6, Crime Victims Awareness by Mary Spencer
June 13, Night Crawlers by Natchez Trace Parkway
June 27, Creepy Crawlers by Dr. Bill Burdine
June 27, Awards party
July 18, Uniquely You Owl painting with Shelly Sheffield
Okolona Carnegie Library
Pre-school through young adult
Tuesdays at 10 a.m.
June 11, Dig Through the Earth’s Crust with the John Allen Fish Hatchery
June 18, Diggin Deep Down with Chickasaw County Natural Water Resources
June 25, Just Dig It, Farming and Gardening with Dr. Bill Burdine
Edmondson Memorial Library
Tuesdays from 1-3 p.m.
June 13, Exploring Caves
June 20, Rocks and Minerals
June 27, Water Party
Tuesdays from 2:30-3:30 p.m.
June 11, Pioneer Days with music and games
June 18, Farming and Gardening
June 25, Buried Treasure
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago