OKOLONA – Florence Emma Fischer Attaway, 72, died Monday, June 10, 2013, at her residence in Okolona following an extended illness. She was born Dec. 19, 1940, in New Orleans to Robert Fischer and Josephine Bowese Fischer. She worked as a hairdresser for many years in Louisiana before moving to North Mississippi in 2005 after Hurricane Katrina.
A memorial service celebrating her life will be at 6 p.m. Saturday, June 15, in the Okolona Chapel of Holland Funeral Directors with Father Tim Murphy officiating. Visitation will be from 5 p.m. to service time today. Holland Funeral Directors, Okolona Chapel is entrusted with arrangements.
Survivors include her children, John Jacob Attaway Jr., Chris Attaway and Sheila Attaway, all of Okolona, Deborah Stark (James) of West Virginia, Tina Boudwin (Scott) of Louisiana and Terri Gardner of Virginia; one brother, Daniel Schlumbrick of California; one sister, Linda Calico of Louisiana; a host of grandchildren, three great-grandchildren and one granddaughter-in-law.
She was preceded in death by her parents; the father of her children, John Jacob Attaway Sr., on Aug. 21, 1990; a daughter, Josephine Attaway; two siblings; and one brother-in-law.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago