Birtis Joyce Bryant
BRUCE – Birtis Joyce Bryant, 94, died Saturday, June 15, 2013, at Pioneer Health Services in Newton. She was born Feb. 1, 1919, in Calhoun County. A former resident of Bruce, she had lived in Newton since 2006. She was a member of Rocky Mt. Baptist Church. She was a homemaker and she served alongside her husband in Southern Baptist churches in Mississippi and Louisiana. She was well known for her smile and laughter, her generous heart, her spirit of encouragement, her love for her family and above all her love for her Lord.
Services will be at 11 a.m. today, June 18, at Parker Memorial Funeral Home in Bruce. Dr. Ron Madison will officiate, and the Rev. Larry Haggard will assist. Burial will be in Rocky Mt. Baptist Church Cemetery at Pittsboro. Parker Memorial Funeral Home of Bruce is in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by three sons, A.B. (Ida) Bryant of Clanton, Ga., Lowell (Mary Elizabeth) Bryant of Canton and James Bryant of Dallas, Texas; one daughter, Mary (Bryan ) Burt of Newton; a daughter-in-law, Connie Bryant of Senatobia; 10 grandchildren; nine great-grandchildren; four great-great-grandchildren; a brother, Clint (Cela) McGreger of Pittsboro; a sister; Moss Green of Bruce; and many nephews and nieces.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Clarence Newton McGreger and Maudie Murphree McGreger; her husband of 63 years, James Arlis Bryant, in 1995.
Visitation will be from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences, visit parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Learning to smile forever July 19, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago