BRUCE – Cloise Mitchell Austin, 92, died Friday, June 21, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services in Calhoun City. She was born May 24, 1921, in Calhoun County. She was a homemaker and a member of Mt. Tabor Baptist Church.
Services will be at 5 p.m. today, June 22, at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce. Bro. Darrell Logan and Bro. Danny Kelly will officiate. Burial will be in Mt. Moriah Cemetery at Bruce. Parker Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by a daughter, Shirley Austin Hughes (Scottie) of Bruce; one sister, Clela Mae Smith of Myrtle; five grandchildren, six great-grandchildren and five great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Issac Duet Austin, on July 30, 1996; sons, Delaine Austin and Jimmy Austin; her parents, Henry Tutor Mirchell and Glada Dickey Mitchell; sisters, Charlene Haney, Kathleen Vance, Corrine Brown, Christine Blount, Clyde Bray, Clara Dell Wright and Clersie Wright; and brothers, Charlie Mitchell, Clarence Mitchell, Clint Mitchell and Clarion Mitchell.
Pallbearers will be L.C. Austin, David Austin, Donald Austin, Larry Austin, Glenn Brown and Jeff Hughes.
Visitation will be from 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- EDITORIAL: Demanding excellence October 20, 2016
- BREAST CANCER: Know your foe October 24, 2016
- Houston seeks to improve attendance October 24, 2016
- Signs are illegal in rights-of-way October 25, 2016
- Smithville rolls over Vardaman October 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Art in the Park is Thursday October 26, 2016
- Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Houlka fights to end against Biggersville October 26, 2016
- Lady Toppers close successful season October 26, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago