BRUCE – Lonnie W. Parker, 88, died Wednesday, June 19, 2013, at his residence. He was born on June 27, 1924, in Calhoun County to Willie Pearson and Pearl Shoemake Parker. He was a member of Mt. Moriah Baptist Church and a member of American Legion, Disabled American Veterans and a Veteran of World War II.
Services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, June 25, at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel with Bro. Kevin Chrestman officiating and Bro. Joey Hamilton assisting. Burial will follow in Mt. Moriah Cemetery.
His survivors include one son, Larry Wayne Parker (Kay) of Oxford; three daughters, Peggy Ann Ramsey (W.C.) of Calhoun City, Marsha Gail Cannon (Marshall) of Calhoun City and Bobbie Sue Murphree (Richard) of Bruce; three sisters, Sybil Aven of Calhoun City, Jane Bryant of Pittsboro and Billie Bailey of Pensacola, Fla.; nine grandchildren, John David Ramsey, Jeremy Parker Cannon, Craigg Marshall Cannon, Amanda Murphree Reynolds, Ginger Ramsey Flemons, Karla Murphree, Kellie Murphree, Landon Wyatt Parker and Amelia Gail Parker; 15 great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Janet Faye Burgess Parker; his parents; brother, Buren Parker; and four sisters, Etoyle Edwards, Trudy Patterson, Nell Sprouse and Lila Mae Turner.
Pallbearers will be Craigg Marshall Cannon, Jeremy Parker Cannon, Charles Chrestman, Bryant King, Jay King, Tommy King, Billy Fred Murphree and John David Ramsey. Honorary pallbearers will be the Men’s Sunday School Class of Mt. Moriah Baptist Church.
Visitation is 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Parker Memorial Funeral Home.
Online condolences may be made to the family at www.parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- Old Waverly to host Women’s Amateur March 28, 2017
- Okolona excluded from Chickasaw, Houston merger March 28, 2017
- Orientation leaders named March 28, 2017
- Supervisors pay to fix Okolona elevator March 30, 2017
- County eyes CCRCF numbers March 30, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Getting ready March 29, 2017
- Houston, Okolona host banquets March 29, 2017
- Rally! Rally! Rally! March 29, 2017
- Patricia Burgess Cossey: This is to address the Tourism Tax. I recently hea...
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago