Omaha coming to Joe Brigance Park
The community is being invited to Joe Brigance Park tonight to watch the Mississippi State Bulldog baseball team play in the College World Series in Omaha, Neb.
A big-screen TV will be set up in the park courtesy of Shane and Kristy Booth and Puddle Jumpers.
“This is Houston at it’s best,” said Houston Mayor Stacey Parker. “Some people saw an opportunity to make something happen for the community and got together and did it.”
The event is open and free to the public.
Parker said there will be limited seating and attendees should bring lawn chairs and blankets.
“The game starts at 7 p.m. and there may be a little problem with the sun until it gets dark,” said Parker. “It’s still going to be a lot of fun and we are urging people to come out.”
There is no clock in baseball and it is not known how long the game will last. Thunderstorms have been moving through Omaha this afternoon and could prompt a rain delay.
The community is urged to bring coolers, snacks and cowbells.
Ole Miss fans are invited, too!
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Learning to smile forever July 19, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago