Omaha coming to Joe Brigance Park
The community is being invited to Joe Brigance Park tonight to watch the Mississippi State Bulldog baseball team play in the College World Series in Omaha, Neb.
A big-screen TV will be set up in the park courtesy of Shane and Kristy Booth and Puddle Jumpers.
“This is Houston at it’s best,” said Houston Mayor Stacey Parker. “Some people saw an opportunity to make something happen for the community and got together and did it.”
The event is open and free to the public.
Parker said there will be limited seating and attendees should bring lawn chairs and blankets.
“The game starts at 7 p.m. and there may be a little problem with the sun until it gets dark,” said Parker. “It’s still going to be a lot of fun and we are urging people to come out.”
There is no clock in baseball and it is not known how long the game will last. Thunderstorms have been moving through Omaha this afternoon and could prompt a rain delay.
The community is urged to bring coolers, snacks and cowbells.
Ole Miss fans are invited, too!
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Man falls from Houston Airport tower January 19, 2017
- HISD refines drug testing policy January 20, 2017
- Houlka mourns death of former mayor January 19, 2017
- ICC hosts Leadoff Banquet January 19, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Time for a change January 20, 2017
- Okolona commends fire department January 23, 2017
- Never to be forgotten January 22, 2017
- WEDDING: Darphin/Brand January 22, 2017
- Area crappie gathering in big schools. January 21, 2017
- TONY COOK: Let’s pray for our schools January 21, 2017
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago