Morgans win merchandise giveaway
HOUSTON – Lee Nabors smiled as he presented a check for $1,000 to Dennis and Sandra Morgan who also had big smiles.
The Morgans were recently chosen for a spring shopping spree at Nabors Do-It-Best Home Center as part of the Houston store’s annual drawing for a lucky local shopper.
“I love doing this and I think it is good for the community and for our business,” said Nabors, owner of the local Do-It-Best franchise. “We offer a lot at our store and this event is always great for our winner.”
It was the second year for the Houston store to participate in the give-away.
The Morgans said they have been busy looking at what they need around their house in Sparta. They said they haven’t made up their mind exactly what they plan to buy.
“We have a house and a camper and they both always need something,” said Dennis Morgan. “We’re just so thankful.”
Sandra Morgan said she was surprised to find the store offered much more than just lumber, fixtures and building materials.
“They have a lot of things to decorate your home or your garden,” said Morgan. “This is going to be fun.”
The give-away allows the winner to order anything out of the Do-It-Best’s 2013 Spring Catalog.
The Morgans simply came by the store last month, filled out a form and dropped it in a box at the front of the store.
“I didn’t give it a second thought until they called me and said I had won,” said Dennis. “I’ve never won anything like this before.”
The Morgans did admit they are regular customers at Nabors.
“We love doing things like this for our customers,” said Nabors. “It creates a lot of excitement in the store and since we usually know our customers, it’s great to give them something like this.”
Do-it-Best Corp has more than 4,000 stores in the U.S., making it one of the largest hardware chains in the nation. They offer more than 67,000 items ranging from hardware, automotive, housewares and pet supplies through its catalog.
Do-it-Best member stores are all independently owned and typically carry their own name, but may also include the names Do-it-Best and Do-it center as a part of the store signage. Each store is serviced from one of eight Do-it-Best Corp. distribution centers around the United States but can also get products directly from the manufacturer. The stores have joined together as part of the Do-it-Best Corp. cooperative to buy in volume therefore offer its customers lower prices.
Do-it-Best Corp. was founded in 1945 as Hardware Wholesalers, Inc. (HWI) in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Nabors Do-it-Best is a major retailer in Houston and just recently opened a store in Eupora.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago