Wildcats winding down summer ball
Despite a rain-out against East Webster June 25, the Houlka boys still tacked on two wins to their record in a double-header with Vardaman June 27. Houlka ran away with a 11-1 win in the JV game with Vardaman’s sole run coming in the top of the fifth on a pass ball from pitcher Sawyer Byars that scored courtesy runner, Chase Owens.
In the second game, the varsity Rams played the Wildcats a closer contest with the Houlka boys coming out ahead, 3-2.
“It was a better game,” McDonald said.
Summer ball gives coaches a chance to shift players around, filling holes left from graduation and finding a good fit before next season. Sometimes the shifting comes from working around player’s schedules, but McDonald doesn’t think that’s neccessarily a bad thing.
“We’ve had some guys playing on other teams and playing at State (all-star) touranments, so that’s got to give them more experience,” McDonald said. “We’ll kick off our season with high expectations next spring.”
The Wildcats were scheduled to travel to Tupelo Christian Prep Tuesday and host TCPS Thursday. They will finish up the summer season hosting Bruce Friday.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- FSA offers livestock forage disaster relief October 14, 2016
- AP PREP POLL: Houston ranked No. 2 in 4A, Pontotoc No. 3 October 18, 2016
- Former Miss. state senator Irb Benjamin pleads guilty to bribery October 18, 2016
- Okolona battles but nipped by Wolverines October 19, 2016
- PREP ROUNDUP: Vardaman, Houlka, Louisville, Pontotoc October 19, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- Pilot Club to host pageant October 21, 2016
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Fall Fun and Games Day is Friday October 20, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago