CALHOUN CITY – Josephine Smith Suggs, 91, died Tuesday, June 25, 2013, at Community Hospice at Darlington Oaks in Verona. She was born Nov. 13, 1921, in Calhoun City to Eddie Leslie Smith and Beatrice Goodson Smith.
She was a retired seamstress for Kellwood and a member of the Church of the Nazarene.
She is survived by one daughter, Linda Lee of Southaven; one son, Scotty (Carolyn) Suggs of Belden; one sister, Rogenia Pollan of Calhoun City; 19 grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, John Suggs; a daughter, Pat Suggs Alexander; and her parents.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday, June 28, at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel in Calhoun City. Bro. Buford Usry and Bro. Mike Whitten will officiate. Burial will be in Pinecrest Memorial Gardens in Calhoun City.
Pallbearers will be Brian Lee, Dean Lee, John Suggs Jr., Gene Alexander, D.J. Lee and Johnny Hawkins.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home.
Online condolences can be left at Pryorfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- One county courthouse discussed in Okolona October 17, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- Pilot Club to host pageant October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: The killing of public education October 23, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Lawmakers “examine” MAEP funding October 23, 2016
- BIRTH: Kinsely Brooke Dodd October 23, 2016
- WEDDING: Nichols/Moss October 23, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago