PONTOTOC – David Carrol Harrelson, 77, died Friday, June 28, 2013, at his residence. He graduated from high school in 1953 at Calhoun City and from Mississippi State University in 1958 with a B.S. degree in Agriculture. He was a member of First Baptist Church in Pontotoc, the Pontotoc Eastern Star 42, Pontotoc Masonic Lodge 81, Scottish Rites and Hamasa Shriners. He was an Air Force veteran and a retired supervisor of Pontotoc County Farmers Home Administration. He enjoyed reading, painting and taking children to the Shriner’s Hospitals.
Services will be at 10 a.m. Monday, July 1, at First Baptist Church in Pontotoc with Dr. Ken Hester officiating. Burial will follow in the Pontotoc City Cemetery. Browning Funeral Home in Pontotoc is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Bobbie D. Harrelson of Pontotoc; four sons, James L. Harrelson (Stephine) of Saltillo, David Bradford Harrelson of Sturgis, Winfred D. Harrelson of North Branch, Mich., and Christopher L. Harrelson (Lori) of Brentwood, Tenn.; five grandchildren, Beth Harrelson Grisham (Jay), Jacqueline Harrelson, Laken Harrelson, Gabby McWhirter and Elizabeth Anne Harrelson; and one great-grandchild, Caleb Grisham.
He was preceded in death by his parents, James Bradford Harrelson and Lula Mae Pilgreen Harrelson, and his brother, James Adrian Harrelson.
Pallbearers will be: Pat Montgomery, Keith Reece, Perry Sewell, Jay Grisham, David Hall and Greg Hall. Honorary pallbearers will be the Masons of Pontotoc Lodge 81.
Visitation will be from 2 to 5 p.m. Sunday in the fellowship hall and from 9 to 10 a.m. Monday at First Baptist Church.
Condolences may be offered at www.browningpontotoc.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona talks fire protection March 17, 2017
- Houston WIN offers iPhone class March 21, 2017
- Deadline for Foundation Scholarships March 21, 2017
- Houston seeks to climb the mountain March 22, 2017
- Lady Rams fight for comeback win March 22, 2017
- Truck recovered in Pontotoc March 24, 2017
- Manufacturing skills class offered March 24, 2017
- Houlka names new principal March 24, 2017
- Fishing forecast for area reservoirs looks good March 23, 2017
- Chandler to head industrial development March 23, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago