Judge Edwin H. Roberts Jr.
OXFORD – Judge Edwin H. Roberts Jr., 65, died on Monday, July 1, 2013, at his home in Lafayette County. He practiced law in Lafayette County for 30 years. He served as Lafayette County prosecutor and was elected as Chancery Court judge for the 18th Chancery Court District of Mississippi in 2002. He served 32 years in the Mississippi Army National Guard, retiring as a two-star general. He was an active member of First Baptist Church of Oxford.
Services will be at 10 a.m. Saturday, July 6, at First Baptist Church in Oxford with the Rev. Robert Allen and the Rev. Erik Hankins officiating. Burial will follow in Oxford Memorial Cemetery. Waller Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife, Shela Moore Roberts; his brother, Judge Larry Roberts; his sons, James Michael Roberts and Scott Roberts; his daughter, Lisa Roberts; and eight grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his father, Edwin Hayes Roberts Sr.; his mother, Velda Roberts; and his son, Edwin (Trip) Hayes Roberts III.
Visitation will be from 2 to 7 p.m. Friday and from 9 to 10 p.m. Saturday at First Baptist Church.
A memorial fund in his honor has been established. Any donations may be mailed to Mike Roberts at P.O. Box 2324 Oxford, MS 38655.
To sign an online guestbook, visit www.wallerfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Christmas parades are next week December 2, 2016
- Rinehart enters Kappa Delta Pi December 5, 2016
- Presents for prisoners December 6, 2016
- Hair- Kaylee Martin December 6, 2016
- ICC Band Chickasaw December 6, 2016
- Food For Families drop off is Friday December 8, 2016
- Chickasaw dodges storm December 8, 2016
- Chickasaw burn ban lifted December 8, 2016
- SPORTS ROUNDUP: Prescott earns NCAA honor December 7, 2016
- Fatal fire in Okolona December 7, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago