MANTEE – Victor Arnold Duncan, 90, died Wednesday, July 3, 2013, at V.A. Hospital in Jackson. He was born on Jan. 18, 1923, in Houston to Ruben Gaston Duncan and Vannie Jane Griffin Duncan. He was a retired heavy equipment operator for Russ Butler and an owner and partner of D&J Service Station. He loved mechanic work. He was a member of Mantee Baptist Church and an Army veteran of World War II.
Services will be at 3 p.m. Friday, July 5, at Mantee Baptist Church in Mantee with the Rev. William Carpenter officiating. Burial will follow at Mt. Pleasant Cemetery in Mantee. Houston Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife, Virginia Johnson Duncan of Mantee; his daughter, Mary Ann Duncan of Mantee; and his brother, Ruble Duncan of Mantee.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Memorials may be made to Mantee Baptist Church, Box 161, 1151 Main St., Mantee, MS 39751, or Mt. Pleasant Cemetery Fund, 12609 MS Highway 15, Mantee, MS 39751.
Visitation will be from 2 until the 3 p.m. Friday at the church.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- MDOT moves forward with Hwy. 15 work August 21, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Calling for help August 25, 2016
- Okolona offense tramples Nettleton August 25, 2016
- County fire ratings drop August 25, 2016
- MBN makes drug arrest August 25, 2016
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT MEETINGS August 27, 2016
- FOOTBALL SCORES: Week 2 August 27, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Migrants jump out of the melting pot August 27, 2016
- Work set for Tanglefoot pathway August 26, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: A quick look around town August 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago