OKOLONA – Felisidad Ibarra-Mendoza, 78, died Wednesday, July 10, 2013, at Shearer-Richardson Memorial Nursing Home after an extended illness. She was born in Weslaco, Texas, on Nov. 20, 1934, to Pedro and Santos Marroquin Ibarra. She worked for Motorola Inc. in quality control. She was a volunteer at One of A Kind Thrift Store, and enjoyed making quilts and sewing for her family. She was a member of St. Theresa’s Catholic Church.
Survivors include two daughters, Mary Alice Chavez (Rito) of Okolona and Melissa Annette Gonzalez of Saginaw, Texas; one sister, Ramona Rios (Juan) of Austin, Texas; two sisters-in law, Corina Ybarra of Katy, Texas, and Panchita Ybarra of Holland, Mich.; four grandchildren, Sam Garcia, Lupe Carrillo Chavez, Mariah Kurtz and Miranda Hummer; 10 great-grandchildren; and numerous nephews and nieces.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Pedro and Santos Ybarra; four brothers, Trinidad Ybarra, Juan Ybarra, Guadalupe Ybarra and Noe Ybarra; and one sister, Maria Silva.
Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Crosswalks needed February 16, 2017
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- WIN Center offers iPhone class February 21, 2017
- ICC names Adult Learner scholars February 21, 2017
- Correctional Facility revenue reviewed February 23, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- “Dream Big” February 22, 2017
- Chieftains claim District February 22, 2017
- Wildcats roll out of district February 22, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago