OKOLONA – Felisidad Ibarra-Mendoza, 78, died Wednesday, July 10, 2013, at Shearer-Richardson Memorial Nursing Home after an extended illness. She was born in Weslaco, Texas, on Nov. 20, 1934, to Pedro and Santos Marroquin Ibarra. She worked for Motorola Inc. in quality control. She was a volunteer at One of A Kind Thrift Store, and enjoyed making quilts and sewing for her family. She was a member of St. Theresa’s Catholic Church.
Survivors include two daughters, Mary Alice Chavez (Rito) of Okolona and Melissa Annette Gonzalez of Saginaw, Texas; one sister, Ramona Rios (Juan) of Austin, Texas; two sisters-in law, Corina Ybarra of Katy, Texas, and Panchita Ybarra of Holland, Mich.; four grandchildren, Sam Garcia, Lupe Carrillo Chavez, Mariah Kurtz and Miranda Hummer; 10 great-grandchildren; and numerous nephews and nieces.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Pedro and Santos Ybarra; four brothers, Trinidad Ybarra, Juan Ybarra, Guadalupe Ybarra and Noe Ybarra; and one sister, Maria Silva.
Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago