BRUCE – Myrl Poynor Barfield, 87, died Friday, July 12, 2013, at North Sunflower Medical Center in Ruleville. She was born Sept. 17, 1925, in Banner. She was a homemaker, a factory worker and a restaurant owner. She was a member of Lantrip Baptist Church.
Services will be at 2 p.m. today, July 14, at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce. The Rev. Robert Earl Alexander will officiate, and the Rev. Rex Wilburn will assist. Burial will be in Bruce Cemetery.
She is survived by four children, Tommy Barfield (Olga) of LaGrange, Ga., Wayne Barfield (Dianne) of Gainesville, Fla., Danny Barfield (Deborah) of Cleveland and Carolyn Nettles (Bill) of Dry Prong, La.;one sister, Bobbie Rooker of Okolona; two brothers, Bedford “Pete” Poynor and Charles Poynor, both of Bruce; 11 grandchildren; 19 great-grandchildren; and a host of nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Knox Barfield; her parents, Nathaniel Davis Poynor and Lila Pearl Harrison Poynor; three sisters, Lois Crutchfield, Shirley Stone and Reba Barefield; and three brothers, Ula Poynor, Laburn Poynor and Carl Poynor.
Pallbearers will be Dennis Barfield, Kyle Barfield, Dobbie Poynor, Bill Wilburn, Bradley Wilburn and Kent Wilburn. Honorary pallbearers will be Pete Johnson, and Johnny Weeks.
Visitation will be from noon to 2 p.m. Sunday at the funeral home.
Leave online condolences at www.parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago