VERONA – Marjorie June Norris, 63, died Monday, July 15, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center, Hospice. She was born Jan. 22, 1950, in Tupelo.
She was a graduate of Tupelo High school and attended nursing school at Itawamba Community College. Her career as a registered nurse spanned for over 30 years beginning with the Mississippi Department of Corrections Hospital where she met her husband. She later worked at the North Mississippi Medical Center and the Trace Regional Medical Center in Houston. On Oct. 17, 1987, she married Jackie Delaine Norris, who preceded her in death Jan. 28, 2011. She loved spending time with her family, especially her grandchildren.
Graveside services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, July 18, at Unity Cemetery in Plantersville with the Rev. Jimmy Bryan officiating. W.E. Pegues Funeral Directors is entrusted with the services.
Survivors include two daughters, Peggy Roberson (Keith) of Okolona and Monica Camp (Timmy) of Shannon; one stepdaughter, Ashley Sullinger (Todd) of Clarksdale; seven grandchildren, Courtney Delaine Russell, Madison Fowler, Britnie and Anna Marie Camp, Haden Hodges, Michael Braiden Mills and Annsleigh Paige Sullinger; one stepsister, Maria Billini Cheremeta (Andrew) of Jacksonville, Fla.; two stepbrothers, Gregory Billini (Libby) and Phillip Billini (Rita), all of Jacksonville, Fla.; aunt, Joyce Herring; and one niece, Laura Jewell Corley.
She was preceded in death by her father, Robert Lavert Hill; her mother, Dale Stovall Billini Lawhon; stepfathers, Dr. Jose Billini and Holden Lawhon; one sister, Aletha Hill Corley; her nephew, Will Corley.
Pallbearers will be John Stewart Sr., Cody Stewart, Jammie Franklin and Cody McCord.
Visitation will be from 4 to 7:30 p.m. Wednesday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to Faith Outreach Church Youth Fund, 272 North McDonnell St., Okolona, MS 38860.
Expressions of sympathy may be left at www.peguesfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago