EL DORADO, Ark. – Doyle Roland James, 83, died Saturday, July 20, 2013, at Christus St. Michael Hospital in Texarkana, Texas. He was born Feb. 13, 1930, in Calhoun County to John Jackson James and Carrie Addice Murphree James
He was a former owner of Union Tire Company. He served in the U.S. Air Force. He was a member of Joyce City Baptist Church and a 32nd degree Mason and Shriner.
Survivors include his wife, Shirley Mitchell James of El Dorado, Ark.; one daughter, Phyllis James Day of Watson, La.; one sister, Faye Taylor of Memphis; two grandchildren; and one great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by a son, Dennis James, and his parents.
Services will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday, July 24, at Poplar Springs Baptist Church in Vardaman. The Rev. Benny Hill and the Rev. Bob Hill will officiate. Burial will be in Poplar Springs Cemetery at Vardaman. Pryor Funeral Home of Calhoun
City is in charge of arrangements.
A memorial service will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday, July 25, at Beth and Paul Burns’ home at 619 E. 5th St. in El Dorado.
Pallbearers in Calhoun City will be Packy Lawrence, Michael Driggers, Phil Taylor, Steve Bryant, Adam Taylor and Marshall Hill. Honorary pallbearers will be Jeff Taylor and Frank Tolley.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Pryor Funeral Home.
In lieu of flowers, memorials to be made to Dennis James Memorial Scholarship, c/o South Arkansas Arts Center, 110 East 5th St., El Dorado, AR 71730.
Online condolences can be left at Pryorfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Deputies make several drug arrests February 18, 2017
- Wildcats roll out of district February 22, 2017
- Chieftains claim District February 22, 2017
- “Dream Big” February 22, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Vardaman hunter bags banded duck February 24, 2017
- Extension gives out 1,800 trees February 24, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago