Reeves shoots at national competition
Reeves qualified for the competition based on his state shooting scores in 2012 and made the trip to Grand Island, Neb., where he participated in .22 rifle competition.
Although Reeves didn’t place at the top in the competition, he said he enjoyed the experience.
“Nationals went good,” Reeves said. “I was just under-prepared for such a big jump in competition. The competition was more difficult because the best 4-H shooters from the country were there.”
Reeves was accompanied by Shooting Sports instructor, Brand Huffman, who said the level of the event was a lot bigger than he expected and inspired him to continue his work with the local program.
“One thing that stood out was the friendships the kids made with other kids from across the U.S.,” Huffman said.
Huffman said he hopes the local program will grow and the local shooters will be able to compete with comparable equipment as other participants.
“Some states have very nice equipment that is issued to the kids on the state team,” Huffman said. “Equipment is not everything but it does help to have competition rifles.”
Reeves said he has plans to continue with the 4-H program as long as possible.
“I do plan to continue with shooting sports,” Reeves said. “I will shoot until I’m too old in 4-H and then probably find some other competitions to shoot in because I enjoy shooting.”
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- AP POLL: Mississippi High School Football Rankings, Oct. 25 October 25, 2016
- Toppers ready for Noxubee October 25, 2016
- Lady Toppers close successful season October 26, 2016
- Woman dies in Natchez Trace accident October 26, 2016
- Friday’s playoff picture October 28, 2016
- Pink Ribbon Fall 5K winners October 28, 2016
- Chris Jones featured on billboards October 28, 2016
- Molly May offers smiles, scarves, hope October 28, 2016
- Moving day at the Museum October 28, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago