Sundancer leads after day one
The Houston Solar Race team racked up 148.5 miles in their first day of racing at the Solar Car Challenge, outracing all contenders in each division.
The Sundancer car competes in the Open Division, while other cars are listed in the Classic Division and Advanced Division. The closest competition came from Byron Nelson Solar Car team who logged 108.7 miles on the first day of racing.
This year, the Challenge runs from Fort Worth, Texas, to Los Angeles, Calif. The race will conclude July 30.
For information on solar racing or to track the day’s progress each day, go to
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Houston hammering out employee handbook August 22, 2016
- County fire ratings drop August 25, 2016
- MBN makes drug arrest August 25, 2016
- Pontotoc rains on Houston August 25, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers struggle at plate August 25, 2016
- Cowboys’ veterans big fans of Prescott August 28, 2016
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors August 28, 2016
- LOCAL GOVERNMENT MEETINGS August 27, 2016
- FOOTBALL SCORES: Week 2 August 27, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Migrants jump out of the melting pot August 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago