BILOXI – Robert “Bob” Lunceford, 62, passed away on Monday, July 22, 2013. He was born June 26, 1951, to Rupert and Jane Lunceford in Calhoun City.
He graduated from Calhoun City High School in 1969 and received a B.S. degree in nurse anesthesiology from the University of Mississippi in 1979. He had a passion for music and enjoyed playing the drums and piano regularly. He was a member of the Gospel Truth, a nationally recorded gospel ensemble in the early 1980s. He also wrote and composed the copyrighted song, “Read A Little More in His Book” in 1984. He enjoyed spending time with his family, Ole Miss football, the Gulf Coast, seafood, the beach and spending time with his cherished wife of nine years, Janie.
He is survived by his father, Rupert Lunceford of Calhoun City; his brother, Michael Lunceford of Tupelo; three children, April Sullivan of Brandon, Jana Alley of Seattle, Wash., and Matt Lunceford of Mobile, Ala.; and seven grandchildren.
Visitation will be held at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, July 27, at the First Baptist Church of Calhoun City. A service will directly follow at 11 a.m.
In lieu of flowers, the family is requesting that donations be made to the American Cancer Society.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona debuts new football field September 20, 2016
- WEEK 6: High School Football Capsules September 23, 2016
- Shooting at Randolph Post Office under investigation September 23, 2016
- Is Hillary’s health our biggest problem? September 24, 2016
- WEEK 6: High School Football Scores September 24, 2016
- Fight brought to Houston PD September 27, 2016
- A place called Houston September 26, 2016
- Chickasaw County legislator was near New York terrorist attack September 26, 2016
- MDOC postpones strict visitation rules September 26, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week September 25, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago