JACKSON, Tenn. – Lucy Osborne Neely Cockrell, 83, formerly of Okolona, died Sunday, July 21, 2013, in Jackson, Tenn. She attended school in Okolona.
She was a member of Eastern Star M.B. Church in Okolona, until she moved to Jackson, Tenn., and joined Springhill M.B. Church. She was married to the late Walter Neely and later married Tommie Cockrell. She loved helping others, cooking, fishing, gardening, gospel music and reading the Bible.
Services will be at 3 p.m. Saturday, July 27, at Eastern Star M.B. Church with the Rev. Anthony Rainey, officiating. Williams Memorial Funeral Home in Okolona is in charge of the local arrangements.
Survivors include her husband, Tommie Cockrell of Jackson, Tenn.; seven daughters, Robbie Brown, Lorene Moore, Hattie Brown and Dorothy (Calvin) Gates, all of Okolona, Maelene (Raymond) Cockrell, Vernell (David) Wilburn and Everlene Cockrell, all of Jackson, Tenn.; four sons, Booker T. (Denise) Neely of Mantee, William (Maggie) Neely of South Bend, Ind., Frank (Earnestine) Neely of Hineville, Ga., and Willie Zack Neely of Jackson, Tenn.; three stepdaughters, Margaret (Gary) House, Shirley (Robert) Ingram and Louise (James) Donaldson, all of Jackson, Tenn.; six stepsons, Ken (Dorothy) Cockrell, David (Lula) Cockrell, Raymond (Maelene) Cockrell, J.C. (Barbara) Cockrell, Willie (Linda) Cockrell and James Cockrell, all of Jackson, Tenn.; two sisters, Peggy Osborne Thomas of Sunnyvale, Calif., and Thelma Boyce of St. Louis, Mo.; three brothers, McArthur Osborne of Stockton, Calif., Archie Osborne of Mountainview, Calif., and Robert Osborne of Yuba, Calif.; 53 grandchildren; and 81 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by daughters, Jo Ann Buchanan and Emma McLemore, and sons, Tommie Lee Maeweather, Jimmy Cockrell and Tommie Cockrell.
Visitation will be from 3 to 6 p.m. Friday at the funeral home. A wake will be from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- Spencer named HHS Student of Month December 7, 2016
- Bulldogs make St. Petersburg Bowl December 7, 2016
- Houston falters against Cal. City December 7, 2016
- The men in charge December 7, 2016
- Margaret Hollingsworth recipes December 10, 2016
- GLENN MOLLETTE: What color is homelessness? December 10, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week December 9, 2016
- Area students graduate ICC December 9, 2016
- Tis the season to recycle December 9, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago