BRUCE – William David Bray, 75, died Wednesday, July 24, 2013, at his home. He was born Aug. 30, 1937, in Pontotoc.
He served in the National Guard. He was a retired plant superintendent from Bruce Telephone Company with 35 years of service. He was an active member and deacon of Lighthouse Baptist Church.
Services will be at 11 a.m. today, July 26, at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce with Bro. Rob Pelkey, Bro. Phillip Logan and Bro. Earl Farley officiating. Burial will be in Calvary Cemetery at Bruce. Parker Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife, Shirley Logan Bray of Bruce; one daughter, Regina Griffin of Bruce; one son, Bro. Greg Bray (Michele) of Myrtle; three sisters, his twin sister, Sarah Baker of Bruce, Geneva Edwards of Holcomb and Genette Dubard of Senatobia; and three grandchildren, Andrew Griffin, Daniel Bray and Savannah Bray.
He was preceded in death by his parents, John Almond Bray and Ora Ester Henry Bray; an infant son; a daughter, Pamela Kay Bray; and two brothers, Lathon Bray and LaWayne Bray.
Pallbearers will be Keith Baker, Larry Edwards, Ronald Edwards, Adam Logan, Wayne Logan and Jay Prewett. Honorary pallbearers will be Andrew Griffin and Mark Logan.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until service time Friday.
For online condolences, visit www.parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Doing the most for your dog February 12, 2017
- McMullen signs with Blue Mountain February 16, 2017
- HHS and Community Choir to sing February 16, 2017
- City candidates face March 3 deadline February 17, 2017
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- WEDDING: Kelly/Moore February 19, 2017
- Turkey harvest reporting planned for spring February 18, 2017
- GLENN MOLLETTE: Americans need help fast February 18, 2017
- Deputies make several drug arrests February 18, 2017
- Semper Fidelis February 17, 2017
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago