BRUCE – William David Bray, 75, died Wednesday, July 24, 2013, at his home. He was born Aug. 30, 1937, in Pontotoc.
He served in the National Guard. He was a retired plant superintendent from Bruce Telephone Company with 35 years of service. He was an active member and deacon of Lighthouse Baptist Church.
Services will be at 11 a.m. today, July 26, at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce with Bro. Rob Pelkey, Bro. Phillip Logan and Bro. Earl Farley officiating. Burial will be in Calvary Cemetery at Bruce. Parker Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
He is survived by his wife, Shirley Logan Bray of Bruce; one daughter, Regina Griffin of Bruce; one son, Bro. Greg Bray (Michele) of Myrtle; three sisters, his twin sister, Sarah Baker of Bruce, Geneva Edwards of Holcomb and Genette Dubard of Senatobia; and three grandchildren, Andrew Griffin, Daniel Bray and Savannah Bray.
He was preceded in death by his parents, John Almond Bray and Ora Ester Henry Bray; an infant son; a daughter, Pamela Kay Bray; and two brothers, Lathon Bray and LaWayne Bray.
Pallbearers will be Keith Baker, Larry Edwards, Ronald Edwards, Adam Logan, Wayne Logan and Jay Prewett. Honorary pallbearers will be Andrew Griffin and Mark Logan.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until service time Friday.
For online condolences, visit www.parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago