HOUSTON – Margaret Ann Baird Lacey, 76, died Saturday, July 27, 2013, at her home. She was born April 16, 1937, to Aubrey Lorette Baird and Ruth Boatman Baird in Turrell, Ark.
She was a member of First Baptist Church of Houston and a homemaker. She enjoyed sewing, crafts and quilting, and made Mississippi State quilts for her grandchildren.
Services will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday, July 30, at Southern Funeral Chapel in Houston. Bro. Randy Hays will officiate. Burial will be in Houston City Cemetery.
Survivors include her husband, Lin Lacey of Houston; two children, Sharon (Frank) White of West Point and Brian Lacey of Houston; five grandchildren, Steven (Angel) Peacock of Anniston, Ala., Tim (Samantha) White of West Point, Stephanie Peacock of West Point, Linnie Lacey of Houston, Jessica (Jonathan) Redmond of West Point; eight great-grandchildren, Madison, Morgan and Katie Peacock, Reed and Lacey White, Andrew and Mackenzie Redmond, and Brennan Lacey; six siblings, Sarah (Elkin) Heair of Houston, Helen Cooper of Memphis, Aubrey (Dorothy) Baird of Lakeland, Fla., Rachel (Dave) Richer of Bradenton, Fla., and Richard (Delphine) Baird of Fayetteville, Tenn., and Martha (Bob) Allen of Pearl River, La.
She was preceded in death by her parents, Aubrey Lorette Baird and Ruth Boatman Baird; two daughters, Linda Faye Lacey and Tommie Lacey Hughes; one grandson, Andrew Wiley Lacey; and one sister, Nell Reeves.
Pallbearers will be Steven Peacock, Tim White, Linnie Lacey, Jonathan Redmond, Kirby Smith and Johnny Reeves.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday.
Online condolences may be made at www.southernfuneralchapel.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- MHSAA reclassifications announced November 28, 2016
- Hunter orange strictly enforced December 2, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Religion, politics and my wife’s birthday December 3, 2016
- Houlka Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- Una Thanksgiving December 3, 2016
- Locals named to ICC Workforce Council December 5, 2016
- Fuller named to 2016 NMMC All Star Team December 5, 2016
- Okolona addresses radio concerns December 5, 2016
- County discusses CCRCC contract December 5, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: Are schools worth fighting for? December 4, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago