HORN LAKE – Jerry Hughes, 66, passed away on Saturday, July 27, 2013, at his home. He was born April 3, 1947, in Bruce. He was a Navy veteran, a Baptist and a former ramp agent for Northwest Airlines.
He is survived by wife of 32 years, Cathy Pennington Hughes of Horn Lake; two sons, Glen Jewell (Sandy) of Covington, Tenn., and Dusty Hughes (Jennifer) of Southaven; one brother, William Hughes of Water Valley; two sisters, Martha Faye Griffin of Bruce and Anita Howell of Statesboro, Ga.; and seven grandchildren, Caleb Lambirth, Hunter Lambirth, Noah Jewell and Carli Jewell, all of Covington, Sarah Jewell of Hernando, Kalen Hughes and Easton Hughes, both of Southaven.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Howard and Ruth Hughes, and one brother, Truman Cantrell Jr.
A memorial service will be at 2 p.m. Friday, Aug. 2, at Twin Oaks Funeral Home in Southaven. Visitation will be from noon until service time.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- FSA offers livestock forage disaster relief October 14, 2016
- AP PREP POLL: Houston ranked No. 2 in 4A, Pontotoc No. 3 October 18, 2016
- Former Miss. state senator Irb Benjamin pleads guilty to bribery October 18, 2016
- Okolona battles but nipped by Wolverines October 19, 2016
- PREP ROUNDUP: Vardaman, Houlka, Louisville, Pontotoc October 19, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- Pilot Club to host pageant October 21, 2016
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago