HOUSTON – Linda Louise Lancaster Gillespie, 70, died Tuesday, July 30, 2013, at Shelby Ridge Rehab in Alabaster, Ala. She was born Oct. 27, 1942, to Owen Wilson Lancaster and Ruth Alice Davidson Lancaster.
She was a retired beautician and owner of Linda’s Beauty Shop. She was a beautician for Leigh Ann Howell at Wave Lengths and a clerk at Pearson’s Drug Store. She was a member of Parkway Baptist Church.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Thursday, Aug. 1, at Parkway Baptist Church with Dr. Randy Rinehart officiating. Burial will follow at Pleasant Ridge in Woodland. Houston Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of the arrangements.
Survivors include her mother, Ruth Lancaster of Houston; her daughter, Merry and Dr. Chad Carson of Helena, Ala.; her grandchildren, Faith Carson, Jack Carson and Ava Carson; her brother, Russell and Jo Carolyn Lancaster of Houston; her nieces, Cathy and Chuck Spencer, Carol Lancaster and Cindy Lancaster; and her great-nephews, Charles Wayne Spencer and Kyler Spencer.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Jack Gillespie, on Aug. 21, 1997; and her father.
Pallbearers are Mark Lancaster, Lewis Easter, Frank House, John William Lancaster, Jimmy Calvin Lancaster, John Fred Lancaster and Wilbur Lancaster. Honorary pallbearers are Thomas Rowlette, Steve Pearson and Floyd Pumphrey.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Wednesday at Houston Funeral Home.
Memorials may be made to Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church, c/o Phyllis Nelson, 570 CR 68, Woodland, MS 39776.
Friends and family may leave a message on the online register book at houstonfuneralhomems.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago