Armstrong nominated for All-Star team
FULTON – Former Vardaman High School and Itawamba Community College football player, Odie Armstrong, is looking to add another accomplishment to his already illustrious professional football career by being selected as a 2013 Arena Football League All-Star.
Armstrong is one of four National Conference fullback selections and one of 11 Arizona Rattlers earning All-Star nominations.
Fans can vote for Odie and his teammates once every day online at http://allstar.afl-global.com.
The All-Star event is the first for the AFL since 1993.
The game is set to be played in Honolulu, Hawaii, November 16, and the league currently is working on plans to confirm a date for the first American-style professional football game ever in China in the near future.
The Vardaman native is ranked among the all-time greats in every career AFL rushing category. He is currently ranked 8th with 72 touchdowns in his career, 9th with 1,129 career rushing yards and 12th among the all-time leaders with 325 career carries.
Armstrong and the defending AFL Champion Rattlers (14-3, 8-1) won their third-straight Western Conference title with a 79-42 win over the New Orleans Voodoo in mid-July and will look to defend their championship as they open post-season play after closing the regular season on the road against the Iowa Barnstormers July 27.
For more information on ICC Football and the nine other intercollegiate athletic programs, follow ICC Athletics on Twitter (@LetsGoICC) and visit www.LetsGoICC.com
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Houlka offers dual credit with ICC August 23, 2016
- Lady Hilltoppers struggle at plate August 25, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: A quick look around town August 25, 2016
- Work set for Tanglefoot pathway August 26, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Migrants jump out of the melting pot August 27, 2016
- Armyworms spotted in local fields August 30, 2016
- Money would fix city’s aging pipes August 29, 2016
- Political Season August 29, 2016
- Cowboys’ veterans big fans of Prescott August 28, 2016
- Flywheel Festival seeks vendors August 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago