BIG CREEK – Dayna Shae Collins Norman, 37, died Monday, Aug. 5, 2013, at her home. She was born Dec. 19, 1975, in Bruce. She was a 1993 graduate of Bruce High School. She earned an A.A. degree in nursing at Holmes Community College.
She is an R.N. at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was a member of Emergency Nurses Association and Big Creek Baptist Church.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 7, at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce. Dr. Daniel Hathorne will officiate, and Bro. Jon Haimes will assist. Burial will be in Chapel Hill Cemetery at Big Creek.
She is survived by her husband, Scott Norman of Big Creek; a daughter, Courtny Norman of Big Creek; her parents, Benny Collins and Barbara Mahan Collins of Pittsboro; a sister, Dawn Ruth (Jeff) of Caledonia; her grandmother, Mabel
Collins of Tupelo, formerly of Bruce; nieces, Blaire Ashlye and Cheyenne Ruth; uncles, Albert Collins and Fred Collins; an uncle and aunt, Pop and Bobo Byars; and her best friend, Beth Howell.
She was preceded in death by an infant sister, Jennifer Allisha Collins; and her grandparents, L.D. Collins, and Jack and Bertis Ferguson Mahan.
Pallbearers will be Terry Bounds, Buddy Collins, Joby Collins, Buddy Litton, Bryan McCarty, Barney Norman, Mike Norman and T.J. Pickering. Honorary pallbearers are the NMMC E.R. staff and BHS Class of 1993.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. today at the funeral home.
For online condolences, visit www.parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Testing our schoolsEDITORIAL: Testing our schools July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago