BIG CREEK – Dayna Shae Collins Norman, 37, died Monday, Aug. 5, 2013, at her home. She was born Dec. 19, 1975, in Bruce. She was a 1993 graduate of Bruce High School. She earned an A.A. degree in nursing at Holmes Community College.
She is an R.N. at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. She was a member of Emergency Nurses Association and Big Creek Baptist Church.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 7, at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce. Dr. Daniel Hathorne will officiate, and Bro. Jon Haimes will assist. Burial will be in Chapel Hill Cemetery at Big Creek.
She is survived by her husband, Scott Norman of Big Creek; a daughter, Courtny Norman of Big Creek; her parents, Benny Collins and Barbara Mahan Collins of Pittsboro; a sister, Dawn Ruth (Jeff) of Caledonia; her grandmother, Mabel
Collins of Tupelo, formerly of Bruce; nieces, Blaire Ashlye and Cheyenne Ruth; uncles, Albert Collins and Fred Collins; an uncle and aunt, Pop and Bobo Byars; and her best friend, Beth Howell.
She was preceded in death by an infant sister, Jennifer Allisha Collins; and her grandparents, L.D. Collins, and Jack and Bertis Ferguson Mahan.
Pallbearers will be Terry Bounds, Buddy Collins, Joby Collins, Buddy Litton, Bryan McCarty, Barney Norman, Mike Norman and T.J. Pickering. Honorary pallbearers are the NMMC E.R. staff and BHS Class of 1993.
Visitation will be from 5 to 9 p.m. today at the funeral home.
For online condolences, visit www.parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Bulldogs run wild on Ole Miss November 30, 2016
- Turman, Archer inducted to Phi Kappa Phi December 3, 2016
- REV. DARRICK WHITFIELD: How to be wise December 4, 2016
- DAVID HORN: We the people have voted for change December 4, 2016
- Locals named ICC Foundation scholars December 4, 2016
- ICC Band Chickasaw December 6, 2016
- Hair- Kaylee Martin December 6, 2016
- Presents for prisoners December 6, 2016
- Rinehart enters Kappa Delta Pi December 5, 2016
- Locals named to ICC Workforce Council December 5, 2016
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago