Harmon named Survival volunteer for July
HOUSTON – John Harmon has been named Survival Volunteer for July by Survival, a victim of violent crime advocacy group serving North Mississippi since 1987.
Harmon has been a Survival volunteer since August 2008. He is a Court Advocate Volunteer, a Survival Law Enforcement Liaison Volunteer, and plans and facilitates the annual Memorial Service for Fallen Officers. He is also a volunteers as Impact Panel Member for M.A.D.D. and Department of Corrections Impact Panel.
“He is a faithful attendee of the monthly support group and he always reaches out to others, especially fathers of violent crime victims,” said a statement released by Survival. “He gives his personal cellphone number to every Survival member and family he meets.”
Harmon and his wife, Janice, are monthly crisis line volunteers and they share the bounty of their garden with Survival victims, families and community members each summer.
Survival, Inc. is dedicated to providing confidential peer support, help, love and understanding through the crisis and long term needs of families of murder victims. They advocate for the fundamental rights of survivors with compassion, dignity and respect.
Survival provides comprehensive services which remove barriers, strengthen survivors and their families and foster a healthy transition from victim to survivor.
Survival Inc., is committed to ensuring that no one has to endure the murder of a loved one alone. We can’t change the tragic loss, but together, we can ease the pain and prevent further victimization.
Survival Inc., is chaired by Paul Gault and the offices at Survival, Inc., P.O. Box 171, Saltillo, MS 38866 or on the web at www.wearesurvival.org
The toll-free 24-hour crisis line is 1-888-915-7788
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Dendy’s named Man, Woman of the Year July 17, 2016
- Nabors named top home improvement store in state July 18, 2016
- Tiny Houses July 16, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Houston’s Kinard honored by PTK July 21, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Homegrown and Houston proud July 23, 2016
- ICC registration underway July 22, 2016
- Hebron honors hoop champions July 22, 2016
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- LindaWando390: Valuable article , Speaking of which , if one has ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago