Party in the park
Meet the Wildcats is set for Friday at Ross Young Park in the pavilion. The 2013 football team, coaches and cheer squad will be introduced and booster club elections for office will take place.
Then the party starts.
Booster Aubrey Gentry said the plan is to have several family-friendly events taking place as fundraisers for the booster club including concessions, a dunking tank and theatrical face-painting.
“We’re trying to get a good turnout and have something for everyone,” Gentry said. “We would like to get some vendors in and have a community event.”
The booster club has been working diligently for the last five years to raise money to contruct a home football field for the Wildcats. The team currently uses the Okolona High School field for home games.
Houlka coach, Rob Allen, said the event will be a good opportunity for the booster club to add to their building account while promoting hometown and school pride.
“With the approval for field work (already given), the booster club needs all the support it can get,” Allen said. “We are going to have fun activities for the kids.”
Allen said he also plans to meet with parents of players during the evening.
The event kicks off at 6 p.m. in the community park in Houlka and the public is invited to attend.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Habitat now Fuller Center February 17, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Crosswalks needed February 16, 2017
- Family Resource Center offers services February 20, 2017
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- WIN Center offers iPhone class February 21, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Tidy up the Trail February 22, 2017
- “Dream Big” February 22, 2017
- Chieftains claim District February 22, 2017
- Wildcats roll out of district February 22, 2017
- One killed in wreck involving ambulance February 21, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago