Mississippi’s waterfowl late seasons announced
The Commission on Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks approved dates for the 2013-2014 waterfowl hunting season at its July 17 meeting.
“Breeding populations were strong in 2013, which resulted in a liberal season framework of 60 days with a six-duck limit,” said James Callicutt, Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks (MDWFP) Waterfowl Program Biologist.
Duck, merganser and coot seasons will be Nov. 22-24; Nov. 29 -Dec. 1; and Dec. 4, 2013-Jan. 26, 2014.
The daily bag limit will be a total of six ducks, including no more than four mallards (no more than two of which may be females), three wood ducks, two redheads, two scaup, two pintail, two canvasback, one mottled duck and one black duck.
The merganser daily bag limit will be a total of five mergansers, only two of which may be hooded mergansers. The possession limit is three times the daily bag limit for ducks, mergansers and coots.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- EDITORIAL: Demanding excellence October 20, 2016
- BREAST CANCER: Know your foe October 24, 2016
- Houston seeks to improve attendance October 24, 2016
- Signs are illegal in rights-of-way October 25, 2016
- Smithville rolls over Vardaman October 25, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Art in the Park is Thursday October 26, 2016
- Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Houlka fights to end against Biggersville October 26, 2016
- Lady Toppers close successful season October 26, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago