Era Mae Williams
EUPORA – Era Mae Williams, 85, went home to be with her Lord and Savior on Thursday, Aug. 22, 2013. She was born on Aug. 25, 1927, to Green Lee and Becky Russell. She delighted in singing gospel songs to her family and in her church.
She was a member of Harmony Freewill Baptist Church where she served as the children’s Sunday school teacher for 18 years. She loved sewing shirts for her family and working in her flowers. Her favorite pastime was decorating her home with her massive rooster collection and family pictures.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 25, at Harmony Freewill Baptist Church in Eupora with the Rev. Billy Michael Trull officiating. Burial will follow in the Montevista Cemetery in Webster County. Oliver Funeral Home of Eupora is in charge of arrangements.
She is survived by three daughters, Anne Easter (Jimmy) of Cedar Bluff, Ella Hood (Billy) of Calhoun City and Johnnie Abbott (James( of Walthall; three sons, Tom Williams of Maben, Burl Williams (Dorothy) of Russellville, Ark., and Leon Williams (Mary) of Houston; 11 grandchildren, Colisa Johnson of Jackson, Angie Cooper (Shannon) of Oxford, Laura Williams of Houston, Texas, Jeff Fulgham (Kim) of Cedar Bluff, Michelle Bramlitt (Darrell) of Bruce, B.J. Hood of Clarksdale, Nathan Hood (Jena) of Jackson, John David Wise of Waveland, Phillip, Jonathan, and Justin Williams of Houston; and 11 great-grandchildren, Cris Keenum, Micah Johnston and Alana Smith, all of Jackson, Morgan and Cayse Cooper of Oxford, Abby Fulgham, Andrew Elkins, Skyler and Bailey Ray, all of Cedar Bluff, and Layla and Jillian Bramlitt of Bruce; and two sisters, Jennie Lee Carrier of Forrest City, Ark., and Dorothy Huffman (Jimmy) of Eupora.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by her husband of 43 years, Johnny B. Williams; a granddaughter, Becky Williams; sisters, Bealuh Russell, Polly Barnum and Goldie Knight; and one brother, Leon Russell.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations can be made to Harmony Freewill Baptist Church Building Fund, 3735 Miss. Hwy. 9, Eupora, MS 39744.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Solar Team trekking north in Solar Challenge 2016 July 21, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago