WOODLAND – Ruth Alice Davidson Lancaster, 95, died Friday, Aug. 23, 2013, at Floy Dyer Manor in Houston. She was born July 19, 1918, in Clay County to John Juette Davidson and Lola Alice Russell Davidson.
She was a housewife and a member of Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church.
Services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 25, at Houston Funeral Home in Houston with the Rev. Sammy McMillen and the Rev. Wade Mathis officiating. Burial will follow in Pleasant Ridge Cemetery in Woodland. Houston Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include her son, Russell and Jo Carolyn Lancaster of Houston; her granddaughters, Carol Lancaster of Houston, Cathy and Chuck Spencer of Woodland, Cindy Lancaster of Houston, and Merry and Dr. Chad Carson of Helena, Ala.; and her great-grandchildren, Charles Wayne Spencer, Kyler Spencer, Faith Carson, Jack Carson and Ava Carson.
She was preceded in death by her daughter, Linda Gillespie on July 30, 2013; her husband, Owen Wilson Lancaster on April 5, 2005; her parents; her son-in-law, Jack Gillespie; her sister, Maggie Belle Wooten; and her brother, John Davidson.
Pallbearers are Jimmy Calvin Lancaster, Frank House, John William Lancaster, Chuck Spencer, Chad Carson and Rickey Chambers.
Honorary pallbearers are John Robert Woodruff, Floyd Pumphrey and James R. “Hard Rock” Criddle.
Visitation will be from 1 p.m. until service time Sunday at the funeral home.
Memorials may be made to Pleasant Ridge Baptist Church Cemetery Fund, c/o Phyllis Nelson, 570 CR 68, Woodland, MS 39776.
Friends and family may leave a message on the online register book at houstonfuneralhomems.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Learning to smile forever July 19, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago