HOUSTON – Hazel Jeanette Brock Harmon, 81, died Sunday, Sept. 1, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice Unit in Tupelo. She was born Oct. 18, 1931, to Jack and Ruby Brock of Van Vleet.
She was a mother, a homemaker and a Methodist. She owned and operated Harmon Hall House for 15 years.
Services will be at 1 p.m. today, Sept. 4, at Memorial Funeral Home with Bro. Steve Griffin officiating. Burial will be at Macedonia Church Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by her children, Diana Linley (Johnny) of Houston, Lynda Smith (Roger) of Ridgeland, Gerald Harmon (Pam) of Houston, Marie Elliott of Tupelo, Kathy Overstreet (Joe) of Germantown, Tenn., Judy Hare (Curtis) of Houston, Michael Harmon (Paula) of Houston, Danny Harmon (Nikki) of Houston, Dennis Harmon (Melanie) of Brandon and Mark Harmon (Dottie) of Houston; two sisters, Clytee Hester of Houston and Jackie Hughes of Tupelo; one brother, Danny Brock of Van Vleet; 12 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 55 years, William Lynn Harmon; one daughter, Hazel Denise Harmon; her parents, Jack and Ruby Brock; one sister, Joyce Myatt; and one brother, Bill Brock.
Pallbearers will be her sons.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Memorial Funeral Home.
Donations may be made to NMMC Hospice Unit.
For online condolences, visit www.memorialfuneralhomehouston.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- CATHY SPENCER: Teacher of the Week March 21, 2017
- Medical care answers for America March 25, 2017
- Ribbon Cutting; Ava Michaels Boutique March 25, 2017
- DAR honors two with history awards March 26, 2017
- POLITICAL ANNOUNCEMENTS March 28, 2017
- Orientation leaders named March 28, 2017
- Okolona excluded from Chickasaw, Houston merger March 28, 2017
- Old Waverly to host Women’s Amateur March 28, 2017
- Starkville man killed in shootout after fleeing officers March 27, 2017
- Patricia Burgess Cossey: This is to address the Tourism Tax. I recently hea...
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago