HOUSTON – Hazel Jeanette Brock Harmon, 81, died Sunday, Sept. 1, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center Hospice Unit in Tupelo. She was born Oct. 18, 1931, to Jack and Ruby Brock of Van Vleet.
She was a mother, a homemaker and a Methodist. She owned and operated Harmon Hall House for 15 years.
Services will be at 1 p.m. today, Sept. 4, at Memorial Funeral Home with Bro. Steve Griffin officiating. Burial will be at Macedonia Church Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home of Houston is in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by her children, Diana Linley (Johnny) of Houston, Lynda Smith (Roger) of Ridgeland, Gerald Harmon (Pam) of Houston, Marie Elliott of Tupelo, Kathy Overstreet (Joe) of Germantown, Tenn., Judy Hare (Curtis) of Houston, Michael Harmon (Paula) of Houston, Danny Harmon (Nikki) of Houston, Dennis Harmon (Melanie) of Brandon and Mark Harmon (Dottie) of Houston; two sisters, Clytee Hester of Houston and Jackie Hughes of Tupelo; one brother, Danny Brock of Van Vleet; 12 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband of 55 years, William Lynn Harmon; one daughter, Hazel Denise Harmon; her parents, Jack and Ruby Brock; one sister, Joyce Myatt; and one brother, Bill Brock.
Pallbearers will be her sons.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesday at Memorial Funeral Home.
Donations may be made to NMMC Hospice Unit.
For online condolences, visit www.memorialfuneralhomehouston.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago