LAUREL Mary Elizabeth Moore Collins passed away at her home on Aug. 31, 2013 following a long illness. A native of Houston, Mary attended Houston High School and the University of Mississippi.
She was a member of the Laurel First Baptist Church, DAR and Laurel Junior Auxilary. She enjoyed genealogy, traveling and time with her friends and pets. Mary was a loving wife, mother and grandmother who brought joy to those around her. She will be greatly missed.
She is survived by her husband Dr. Rex Collins of Laurel; a son, William Scott Collins of Long Beach; a daughter, Angela Collins LaPorte and husband Reid of Birmingham; five grandchildren Ross LaPorte, Rhett LaPorte, Eric LaPorte, Melanie LaPorte and Maren LaPorte all of Birmingham.
Services were at 10 a.m. Tuesday Sept. 3, at Memory Chapel with a graveside service at 3 p.m. Tuesday at Houston Cemetery in Houston. Visitation was 5 to 7 p.m. Monday Sept. 2, at Memory Chapel. Dr. Randy Turner will officiate.
In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to the Laurel Animal Rescue League P.O. Box 2671 Laurel, MS. 39442.
Memory Chapel is in charge of services, To view and sign the guest register visit www.memorychapellaurel.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston Students Tour ICC March 20, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- Chandler to head industrial development March 23, 2017
- Fishing forecast for area reservoirs looks good March 23, 2017
- Houlka names new principal March 24, 2017
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- CARA CHISOLM: Get involved in your Library March 26, 2017
- DAR honors two with history awards March 26, 2017
- Ribbon Cutting; Ava Michaels Boutique March 25, 2017
- Medical care answers for America March 25, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago