Region’s roads safe over Labor Day holiday period
NEW ALBANY – The Mississippi Highway Patrol investigated five fatal car crashes over the Labor Day holiday weekend, the same number as in 2012 and none of them in Northeast Mississippi.
No traffic fatalities were reported on Mississippi highways by Troop G and Troop F, which covers the region.
In Troop F, which includes Benton, Tippah, Alcorn, Prentiss, Tishomingo, Union, Pontotoc, Lee and Itawamba counties, 12 crashes were investigated, including one related to alcohol.
Troopers in Troop F wrote 635 citations – 18 for DUI, five were drug-related and 59 for seat belt or childrestraint violations.
Troopers in Troop G, which includes Calhoun, Chickasaw, Monroe, Webster, Oktibbeha, Lowndes, Choctaw, Winston and Noxubee counties, wrote 689 citations.
Statewide, 163 DUI and 13 drug arrests were made on Mississippi highways and a total of 5,995 citations were written.
Troopers also investigated 135 crashes, five of which were alcohol-related, that led to 51 injuries and five fatalities.
The Labor Day enforcement period began Friday at 6 p.m. and ended midnight on Labor Day.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Learning to smile forever July 19, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago