GULF SHORES, Ala. — Bob F. White, 82, of Gulf Shores, Ala., passed away Tuesday, Sept. 03, 2013.
He graduated Evergreen High School and attended Southwest Junior College in Mississippi and Troy State.
He was a U.S. Army veteran serving in Korea. He later completed his education at The University of Alabama with a degree in Geology.
He worked for both Boeing and Douglas Aircraft and was an active member of the Apollo/Soyuz Mission. He later worked with the State of Alabama Oil and Gas Board as a field petroleum geologist and was a licensed stock broker and real estate broker.
He enjoyed hunting, fishing and equestrian shows. He was a member of the First Presbyterian Church in Gulf Shores.
Bob is survived by his wife Barbara Jean Ellard White of Gulf Shores; a son, Garth Austin White of Fairhope, Ala.; a daughter, Melissa Fay Price of Daphne, Ala.; a brother, Tom White of Evergreen, Ala.; a sister, Judy McLellan of Brewton, Ala.; six grandchildren; and two great grandchildren
Mr. White will have a military graveside service at the Alabama State Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Spanish Fort, Ala. on Monday, Sept. 09, at 1 p.m. He will also have a memorial service Monday at 3 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church of Gulf Shores.
Memorials can be made to First Presbyterian Church Gulf Shores, or Springhill Hospice of Mobile, Ala.
Cason Funeral Service of Foley is in charge of arrangements.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Support for Solar Car July 22, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
aberdeen amory arrest Baptist Baseball basketball Bruce business Calhoun City Calhoun County chickasaw Chickasaw County chickasaw journal city County crime East Webster Economic Development education Eupora featured fire floyd football houlka Houston ICC ingram Jones Mantee Mississippi Money Moore MSU Okolona police Pontotoc school schools Smith Softball Tupelo Vardaman west point Woodland
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago