CEDAR BLUFF – Dennis R. Woolsey, 65, passed away, on Monday, Sept. 2, 2013, at OCH Regional Medical Center, in Starkville. He was born Aug. 20, 1948, in Cook County, Ill., to Dolores Glowacki and Robert Hardy Woolsey Sr. He was a truck driver, a bartender and a metal worker. He was of the Catholic faith. He was a veteran of the U.S. Navy, serving during the 1970s. He married Mary Weedon Woolsey on Aug. 9, 2006, in Alabama.
A stateroom service will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 14, at Calvert Funeral Home in West Point. Friends will share special thoughts. Calvert Funeral Home of West Point is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Mary Weedon Woolsey of Cedar Bluff; one daughter, Hope Weedon (John Oswalt) of West Point; three grandchildren; Dustin Weedon, Ashley Weedon and Hannah Oswalt; sisters, Kathie Girard of Kankakee, Ill., Sherry Woolsey and Janiene Walters of Chebanse, Ill.; two brothers, Robert H. Woolsey Jr. (Julie) of Lowell, Ill., Jim Woolsey of Chebanse, Ill.; and a number of nieces and nephews, aunts and uncles.
Visitation will be from 12:30 until 2 p.m. Saturday at Calvert Funeral Home.
Friends may leave an online condolence at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Wildcats roll out of district February 22, 2017
- WEDDING: Horn/Lluy February 26, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- College Day at HCTEC February 27, 2017
- 28 straight! March 1, 2017
- Lady Toppers fall to No. 2 Commodores March 1, 2017
- BANG! Houlka wins shootout March 1, 2017
- East Webster girls headed to Jackson March 1, 2017
- Lady Wildcats full of youth February 28, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago