Lady Rams growing up on the diamond
The Houlka Lady Wildcats may be young, but they’re not afraid and are willing to dig in for the long haul.
The Houlka girls fell to Hamilton Sept. 3 and lost to Houston Sept. 5 before heading to the New Albany tournament.
“We played without four starters,” said Vicki Homan of the tournament team. “I looked at the field and I had five seventh- and eighth-graders.”
Despite the difference in age and experience, the Lady Wildcats gave their best, taking losses to Falkner and Ingomar.
“I am proud of them for the effort in trying to play with more experienced teams,” Homan said.
The Lady Cats hosted Vardaman Tuesday and will host Smithville Thursday.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Houston, Okolona use defense to notch wins. January 11, 2017
- Girl Scout cookies are on sale January 15, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Throw your hat into the ring January 15, 2017
- BIRTH: Carson Grey Spencer January 15, 2017
- County contemplates paving project January 16, 2017
- Okolona man charged in Amory armed robbery January 17, 2017
- Houston truck driver killed in Jackson crash January 17, 2017
- ICC offers manufacturing skills program January 17, 2017
- Orr named Masonic scholar January 17, 2017
- JOHN CALVIN: Let’s hope new government will guide us better January 17, 2017
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago