Lady Rams growing up on the diamond
The Houlka Lady Wildcats may be young, but they’re not afraid and are willing to dig in for the long haul.
The Houlka girls fell to Hamilton Sept. 3 and lost to Houston Sept. 5 before heading to the New Albany tournament.
“We played without four starters,” said Vicki Homan of the tournament team. “I looked at the field and I had five seventh- and eighth-graders.”
Despite the difference in age and experience, the Lady Wildcats gave their best, taking losses to Falkner and Ingomar.
“I am proud of them for the effort in trying to play with more experienced teams,” Homan said.
The Lady Cats hosted Vardaman Tuesday and will host Smithville Thursday.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- FSA offers livestock forage disaster relief October 14, 2016
- AP PREP POLL: Houston ranked No. 2 in 4A, Pontotoc No. 3 October 18, 2016
- Former Miss. state senator Irb Benjamin pleads guilty to bribery October 18, 2016
- Okolona battles but nipped by Wolverines October 19, 2016
- PREP ROUNDUP: Vardaman, Houlka, Louisville, Pontotoc October 19, 2016
- POLICE ROUNDUP: Charges upgraded following fatal accident October 21, 2016
- WEEK 10: High School Football Previews October 21, 2016
- Pilot Club to host pageant October 21, 2016
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago