Lady Rams growing up on the diamond
The Houlka Lady Wildcats may be young, but they’re not afraid and are willing to dig in for the long haul.
The Houlka girls fell to Hamilton Sept. 3 and lost to Houston Sept. 5 before heading to the New Albany tournament.
“We played without four starters,” said Vicki Homan of the tournament team. “I looked at the field and I had five seventh- and eighth-graders.”
Despite the difference in age and experience, the Lady Wildcats gave their best, taking losses to Falkner and Ingomar.
“I am proud of them for the effort in trying to play with more experienced teams,” Homan said.
The Lady Cats hosted Vardaman Tuesday and will host Smithville Thursday.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- GWENDOLYN PEARSON: Tourism tax and internet service March 26, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- Okolona excluded from Chickasaw, Houston merger March 28, 2017
- Orientation leaders named March 28, 2017
- POLITICAL ANNOUNCEMENTS March 28, 2017
- Hollenhead named MACJC Player of the Week March 30, 2017
- Supervisors pay to fix Okolona elevator March 30, 2017
- County eyes CCRCF numbers March 30, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Getting ready March 29, 2017
- Houston, Okolona host banquets March 29, 2017
- Patricia Burgess Cossey: This is to address the Tourism Tax. I recently hea...
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago