Harrel E. Hill Jr.
WEST POINT – Harrel Edward Hill Jr., 58, passed away on Thursday, Sept. 12, 2013, at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle in Columbus. He was born March 1, 1955, in Woodland to Louise Hamby Hill and Harrel Edward Hill Sr.
He served as a minister of music for 38 years. He was a member of First Baptist Church and First Christian Church.
Services will be at 6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 14, at First Christian Church with Chaplain Al Carden officiating and the Rev. Larry Ferguson assisting. Calvert Funeral Home of West Point is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his mother, Louise Hamby Hill of West Point; three sisters, Susie and Eric McNair of Pearl, Amy and Keith Elliott of Brandon, and Joy and Willie Edwards of West Point; one brother, Mark and Holli Hill of West Point; and aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins.
He was preceded in death by his grandparents, Pete and Mattie Lou Griffin Hamby, and Harlard and Bonnie Franklin Hill.
Honorary pallbearers will be members of First Christian Church.
Memorials may be made to American Heart Association, P. O. Box 16808, Jackson, MS 39236; or to Diabetes Foundation of Mississippi, 800 Avery Blvd., Suite 100, Ridgeland, MS 39157-5225; or to the West Point/Clay County Animal Shelter, 1212 Tibbee Road, West Point, MS 39773.
Friends may leave an online condolence at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houlka reviewing bids for new school September 19, 2016
- Houlka falls hard to Potts Camp September 22, 2016
- Lady Toppers roll up Red Raiders September 22, 2016
- Flywheel to spin Friday, Saturday September 23, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Economic Fun September 23, 2016
- HUES names Students of the Week September 25, 2016
- Houston to host WMU fall meeting September 25, 2016
- Saturday morning injury clinic for area athletes. September 24, 2016
- WEEK 6: High School Football Scores September 24, 2016
- Is Hillary’s health our biggest problem? September 24, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago