Mary Bell Teasley
TUPELO – Mary Bell Teasley, 95, died Friday, Sept. 13, 2013, at the Mitchell Center of United Methodist Senior Services, where she had resided for the last few years. She was born on Oct. 16, l917, in Martin, Tenn., to Romie Hayden Jones and Ada Hendrix Jones
She lived in West Point for well over 50 years before moving to Tupelo to be near her son and his family. A homemaker, she was a longtime active member of the First Baptist Church of West Point. She served the church as secretary and bookkeeper for over 15 years. Her husband, William Thomas Teasley, preceded her in death on June 21, 1998. She was a beloved daughter, mother, grandmother and sister.
There will be no local service. Graveside services will be at 3 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 15, at Greenwood Cemetery in West Point with Bro. Dickey Bryan officiating. Visitation will follow the graveside service at First Baptist Church in West Point. Holland Funeral Directors, Tupelo Chapel, is entrusted with the arrangements. Condolences may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
She is survived by her two sons, Thomas Hayden Teasley (Cheryl) of Southaven and James Richard “Rich” Teasley (Sylvia) of Tupelo; four grandchildren, Shannon Teasley Petty (Rob) of Albuquerque, N.M., Laura Teasley Johnson (Chris) of Senatobia, Breanna Rockstad Kincaid (Christopher) of Silver Point, Tenn., and Trevor Rockstad of Gulfport; four great-grandchildren, Kyler Petty, Jessica Petty, Meredith Johnson and Hayden Johnson.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband and sister, Sue Sullivan.
Memorials may be made to Sanctuary Hospice House, P.O. Box 2177, Tupelo, MS 38803.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Learning to smile forever July 19, 2016
- SONNY SCOTT: Real men rise above the status quo July 23, 2016
- Please clean up the Carnegie Library July 23, 2016
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago