No new taxes for county
HOUSTON – The Chickasaw County Board of Supervisors will not increase taxes for citizens in the upcoming year, although residents in the Chickasaw County School District will see a slight increase in school taxes.
The Chickasaw County School District (Houlka schools) has requested an increase of one mil (about $8-9,000 total) for debt consolidation services. The request is under the 3 mil cap for potential increases and may not be increased further. The increase affects only taxpayers in the Chickasaw County School District.
“The county does not anticipate any increase, just the increase of one mil for the shcool request,” said Chancery Clerk Wanda Sweeney.
The county budget for 2014 stands at $18,374,669, which includes the 3.2 million budget for Chickasaw County Regional Correctional Facility. However, revenues generated by the CCRCF for housing inmates and paid through the Department of Corrections, are held in escrow and reimbursed annually. The CCRCF has paid all expenses of the facility in reimbursements since its inception.
In other matters:
n The board accepted and approved an incident management system report from EMA Director Linda Griffin to present to MEMA. The 38-page report details how each emergency department works together in the event of emergencies calling for multiple units of response.
“We do this anyway,” Griffin said. “We ust need a printed copy for our records and compliance for grants.”
n Supervisors voted to renew the maintenance agreeement for the E911 system
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- ICC concert choir performs Monday October 16, 2016
- Fall Fun and Games Day is Friday October 20, 2016
- Number 8! October 20, 2016
- Houlka reviews preliminary test scores October 21, 2016
- Pilot Club to host pageant October 21, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: The killing of public education October 23, 2016
- NANCY LOOME: Lawmakers “examine” MAEP funding October 23, 2016
- BIRTH: Kinsely Brooke Dodd October 23, 2016
- WEDDING: Nichols/Moss October 23, 2016
- Houlka hosts senior assembly October 22, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago