CALHOUN CITY – Jerald Q. Lofton, 75, died Monday, Sept. 16, 2013, at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo. He was born Aug. 12, 1938, in Rankin County.
He was a retired furniture factory employee and a member of Derma Baptist Church. He served in the U.S. Air Force from 1956-1962.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Parker Memorial Funeral Home Chapel in Bruce. Bro. Jimmy Vance will officiate, and Dr. Bobby Douglas will assist. Burial will follow in Oak Springs Cemetery at Derma. Parker Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include two sons, Frankie (Debbie) Lofton of Calhoun City and Tommy (Tonya) Lofton of Oxford; one daughter, Sheila Gann of Houston; one brother, Howard (Sue) Lofton of Bruce; four grandsons, Brandon (Erin) Lofton of Derma, Erick Lofton of Calhoun City, Adam Lofton of Oxford and Robbie Abbott of El Paso, Texas; three granddaughters, Allie Lofton and Virginia Kathryn Lofton, both of Oxford, and Brittany (Miles) Shirley of Whitehall, Ark.; and three great-great-grandsons, Jacob Lofton of Derma, Cooper Abbott of Whitehall, Ark., and J.J. Lofton of Calhoun City.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Joy Estelle Evans Lofton; his parents, John Franklin Lofton and Lois Vera Aldridge Lofton; and five brothers, J.W. Rice, Willard Lofton, Robert Lofton, Eugene Lofton and John Lofton.
Pallbearers will be Robbie Abbott, Audie Branch, Adam Lofton, Brandon Lofton, Erick Lofton and David Keeton.
Visitation is from 5 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home.
For online condolences, visit www.parkermemorialfuneralhomes.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Okolona battles but nipped by Wolverines October 19, 2016
- JAY HUGHES: The killing of public education October 23, 2016
- Find a lump? Find out what it is! October 24, 2016
- BREAST CANCER: Know your foe October 24, 2016
- Houston seeks to improve attendance October 24, 2016
- EDITORIAL: Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Art in the Park is Thursday October 26, 2016
- Red Ribbon Week October 26, 2016
- Houlka fights to end against Biggersville October 26, 2016
- Lady Toppers close successful season October 26, 2016
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago