MANTEE – Mary Alvana Campbell Smith, 78, passed away Friday, Sept. 20, 2013, at her home, in Mantee. She was born Sept. 19, 1935, in Lilbourn, Mo., to Ora DeRousse and Jack Campbell.
She was a homemaker and she was of the Pentecostal faith. She married William Jasper Smith on Oct. 13, 1955; he preceded her in death on Aug. 1, 1997.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 22, at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel with Bro. Bryron Davis officiating. Burial will follow in Pleasant Grove Methodist Cemetery at Una. Calvert Funeral Home of West Point is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include two sons, William Hunter Smith (Cheryl) of Mantee, and David Lee Smith (Debbie) of West Point; nine grandchildren; William Tanner Lee Smith, Meagan Michelle Smith, Teresa Leigh Edmonds, Joshua Hunter Smith, Andrew Lee Smith, Catherine Reanneay Goff, Stephen Jasper Smith, Sherie Danielle Lee and Jordan Ryan Sinko; 13 great grandchildren; three sisters, Della Mae Cribbs of Lilbourn, Mo., Lois Littrell of Marston, Mo., and Louise Cribbs of Flint, Mich.; one brother, Mack Campbell of Flint, Mich.; and special friend and caregiver, Rebecca Myrle Turman of Mantee.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; and her siblings, Carl Campbell, Pete Campbell, Herman Campbell and Elnora Elowsky.
Pallbearers will be Dewayne Williams, Jonathan Smith, Stephen Jasper Smith, Dusty Goff, Tanner Smith and Mike Huffman.
Visitation will be from 5 until 7 p.m. Saturday at Calvert Funeral Home.
Friends may leave an online condolence at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Houston Trustees approve $847,000 maintenance project January 12, 2017
- JOHN CALVIN: Let’s hope new government will guide us better January 17, 2017
- Orr named Masonic scholar January 17, 2017
- ICC offers manufacturing skills program January 17, 2017
- Houston truck driver killed in Jackson crash January 17, 2017
- Qualifying begins for city elections January 19, 2017
- Man jumps from Houston Airport tower January 19, 2017
- Body found in Chickasaw County January 19, 2017
- EDITORIAL: Who deserves your vote? January 19, 2017
- 4-H Promotion Day is Thursday. January 18, 2017
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago