MANTEE – Mary Alvana Campbell Smith, 78, passed away Friday, Sept. 20, 2013, at her home, in Mantee. She was born Sept. 19, 1935, in Lilbourn, Mo., to Ora DeRousse and Jack Campbell.
She was a homemaker and she was of the Pentecostal faith. She married William Jasper Smith on Oct. 13, 1955; he preceded her in death on Aug. 1, 1997.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 22, at Calvert Funeral Home Chapel with Bro. Bryron Davis officiating. Burial will follow in Pleasant Grove Methodist Cemetery at Una. Calvert Funeral Home of West Point is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include two sons, William Hunter Smith (Cheryl) of Mantee, and David Lee Smith (Debbie) of West Point; nine grandchildren; William Tanner Lee Smith, Meagan Michelle Smith, Teresa Leigh Edmonds, Joshua Hunter Smith, Andrew Lee Smith, Catherine Reanneay Goff, Stephen Jasper Smith, Sherie Danielle Lee and Jordan Ryan Sinko; 13 great grandchildren; three sisters, Della Mae Cribbs of Lilbourn, Mo., Lois Littrell of Marston, Mo., and Louise Cribbs of Flint, Mich.; one brother, Mack Campbell of Flint, Mich.; and special friend and caregiver, Rebecca Myrle Turman of Mantee.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; and her siblings, Carl Campbell, Pete Campbell, Herman Campbell and Elnora Elowsky.
Pallbearers will be Dewayne Williams, Jonathan Smith, Stephen Jasper Smith, Dusty Goff, Tanner Smith and Mike Huffman.
Visitation will be from 5 until 7 p.m. Saturday at Calvert Funeral Home.
Friends may leave an online condolence at www.calvertfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Culinary arts teacher opens up new world for students July 24, 2016
- Walker takes second at Pros of Tomorrow July 24, 2016
- Scott, Hardin honored by ICC July 24, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Eaton Automotive finishes season July 26, 2016
- Weston Reed Foundation to offer free physicals July 26, 2016
- ETHAN TURNER: A note to the fans July 26, 2016
- Cunningham earns ICC scholarship July 25, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago