J.E. Hardin Sr.
TUPELO – James Ellis “J.E” Hardin Sr. died Thursday , Sept. 19, 2013, at his home in the Richmond community. He was born May 1, 1943, in Houston to James Ottis “J.O.” and Pauline Melinda Coyle Hardin.
He was retired from Mueller Copper Fittings. He was a Vietnam veteran, serving in the U.S. Navy. He was an avid crappie fisherman.
Memorial services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 21, at the Bethel Baptist Church in Dorsey with Keith Carpenter officiating. McNeece-Morris Funeral Home in Fulton is in charge of arrangements.
Survivors include his wife, Lois Kelley Hardin of the Richmond community; two sons, Jay Hardin (Melissa) and Trampis Hardin Sr. ( Alisha); the mother of his children, Lynn Sullivan, all of Houston; three stepdaughters, Renee Webb of Richmond, Denise Phillips (Jerome) of Fulton and Tammy Jones (Jeff) of Baton Rouge, La.; one brother, Jimmie Coyle Hardin of Arlington, Texas; one sister, Lynette Armstrong of West Point; 12 grandchildren, Jordan, Katelyn, Justin, Megan and T.J. Hardin, Ayana Pettit, Matthew Webb, Jennifer Conley (Jeff), Kayley Phillips, Jessica, Allen and Kelley Jones; and two great-grandchildren, Lily and Seth Conley.
He was preceded in death by a son-in-law, Ed Webb; and his parents.
Visitation will be from 1 p.m. until service time Saturday at the church.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to Concord Cemetery in Houston.
Online condolences and a guestbook may be accessed at mcneecemorrisfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- HUES names Students of the Week February 21, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Hilltoppers are ready to roll February 24, 2017
- A Day Without Immigrants felt in Vardaman February 25, 2017
- Wildcats step up to the plate February 27, 2017
- College Day at HCTEC February 27, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- WEDDING: Horn/Lluy February 26, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago