Senior night at HCS
Hebron Christian School’s fast pitch softball team closed out their district schedule with a 10-4 win over Calhoun Academy on senior night.
Hebron scored two runs in the first inning, two in the second and pulled away with five in the third and one in the fourth.
“I thought we had a nice all-around game,” said coach Cass Tapley. “We hit the ball well off of good pitching. We got a little sloppy in the third but got out of it with just a run scored. In the past, a couple of errors would have sent them in a downward spiral but now they are learning to shake it off and play on.”
Tapley’s young team has grown up on the diamond this season and he sees the results and the potential.
“The girls have come a long way in two or three months but they aren’t close to as good as they will be in time,” Tapley said. “They have been competitive in every game this season and knocked off a few big AAA schools. That has helped their confidence. Once they get the pitching cleaned up in the off-season, I expect them to compete for a state title next year.”
HCS wrapped up their season Monday at Winona.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Getting a good start at school July 24, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- Tending to business July 30, 2016
- Praying for peace and unity July 30, 2016
- Okolona trustees approve summer programs July 29, 2016
- Houlka’s Tyreque Reed name Legion MVP July 28, 2016
- County, city seek road costs for three streets July 28, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago