Senior night at HCS
Hebron Christian School’s fast pitch softball team closed out their district schedule with a 10-4 win over Calhoun Academy on senior night.
Hebron scored two runs in the first inning, two in the second and pulled away with five in the third and one in the fourth.
“I thought we had a nice all-around game,” said coach Cass Tapley. “We hit the ball well off of good pitching. We got a little sloppy in the third but got out of it with just a run scored. In the past, a couple of errors would have sent them in a downward spiral but now they are learning to shake it off and play on.”
Tapley’s young team has grown up on the diamond this season and he sees the results and the potential.
“The girls have come a long way in two or three months but they aren’t close to as good as they will be in time,” Tapley said. “They have been competitive in every game this season and knocked off a few big AAA schools. That has helped their confidence. Once they get the pitching cleaned up in the off-season, I expect them to compete for a state title next year.”
HCS wrapped up their season Monday at Winona.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Lisa Voyles
- Okolona talks fire protection March 17, 2017
- HHS Student of the Month March 20, 2017
- CATHY SPENCER: Teacher of the Week March 21, 2017
- Houston WIN offers iPhone class March 21, 2017
- Deadline for Foundation Scholarships March 21, 2017
- Fishing forecast for area reservoirs looks good March 23, 2017
- Chandler to head industrial development March 23, 2017
- EDITORIAL Severe Weather Awareness Week March 23, 2017
- NMMC offers weight loss for state employees March 22, 2017
- Two arrested, charged in Clay County murders March 22, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago