Six arrested in meth bust
TUPELO – Six Northeast Mississippians were arraigned on meth-related charges Friday afternoon in Lee County Justice Court.
Christopher Bray, 29, of Saltillo; Amanda Brown, 28, of Tupelo; Christy Irvin, 33, of Saltillo; Angel Starling, 41, of Mantachie and Jonathan Wilson, 18, of Mooreville, were charged with conspiracy to manufacture meth Wednesday afternoon.
Jonathan Funderburk, 32, was charged with grand larceny and manufacturing meth. Funderburk is on Mississippi Department of Corrections parole for prior drug charges, while Bray and Irvin are on MDOC probation for prior drug charges.
Funderburk’s bond was set at $100,000.
Bray and Irvin’s bond was set at $15,000.
Brown’s, Starling’s and Wilson’s bonds were set at $10,000.
The charges stem from a Wednesday afternoon drug bust conducted by the Lee County Sheriff’s Office. The arrests resulted when deputies attempted to serve a warrant on Funderburk at his County Road 1451 residence in the Eggville community.
Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson alleged deputies smelled a chemical cooking in the home when they served the warrant. After evacuating the six people in the house, they claim they found a meth cooker and subsequently called in a hazardous materials team to clean the scene.
Johnson said the suspects were cooperative and no one was injured.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About JB Clark
- Signs are illegal in rights-of-way April 17, 2017
- Three busted for possession of meth April 20, 2017
- Ag Safety Day April 21, 2017
- Man convicted in Okolona shooting April 21, 2017
- Lifecore book drive says thank you April 21, 2017
- Principal John Ellison honored by state April 24, 2017
- Houston correcting SPED complaints April 24, 2017
- Dollar General Ribbon Cutting April 23, 2017
- Certified Nurse Assistance Class seeks applicants April 23, 2017
- WEDDING: Stone/Fisackerly April 23, 2017
- Winford White: I totally disagree with your schools consolidation...
- Winford White: That is good News for Okolona. Or shall we say, it...
- Winford White: I strongly agree! if someone can afford to pay a T...
- Winford White: Keep up the good works Chickasaw County because th...
- Winford White: Winford White, CPC - Winford's Consulting : It is...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago