HOUSTON – Ludell Elizabeth Hulsey Baird, 87, died Monday, Sept. 23, 2013, at Floy Dyer Manor Nursing Home in Houston. She was born Jan. 22, 1926, in Chickasaw County to Thomas J. Hulsey and Minnie Dell Mahan Hulsey.
She was a member of First United Methodist Church in Houston and a member of the VFW Ladies Auxiliary.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 25, at Memorial Funeral Home in Houston with Bro. Roger McGrew officiating. Burial will be at Houston Cemetery. Memorial Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
She is survived by her three daughters, Patricia Archer (Walter) of Houston, Jane Holcomb (Wayne) of Myrtle and Carol Whitt (Jimmy) of Okolona; five grandchildren, Mathew Archer, Anna Archer, Allison Whitt, Jordan Whitt and Jacob Holcomb; and one sister, Vivian Ellison of Noxapater.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Hubert Lockwood Baird; her parents, Thomas and Millie Hulsey; and her brother, T.J. Hulsey.
Pallbearers will be Jimmy Sanderson, Tommy Ellison, Beau Ellison, David Baird and Keith Reese.
Visitation will be from 9 to 11 a.m. Wednesday at Memorial Funeral Home.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to First United Methodist Church, 230 N. Jackson St., Houston, MS; or VFW Ladies Auxiliary, in care of Carlene Crump, 115 Pittsboro St., Houston, MS.
For online condolences, visit www.memorialfuneralhomehouston.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- County ponders TRPDD alliance February 20, 2017
- Extension gives out 1,800 trees February 24, 2017
- Vardaman hunter bags banded duck February 24, 2017
- Gann named NFHS State Coach of Year February 24, 2017
- Teacher Academy February 24, 2017
- Houlka moves forward with water works February 27, 2017
- Building a future with CET February 26, 2017
- WEDDING: Horn/Lluy February 26, 2017
- JUANITA HORSTMAN: No peace or hope without Christ February 26, 2017
- Lady Hilltoppers ready for more February 25, 2017
- Chris Johnson: Great article! I would note, though, that all Full...
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago