Brenda Whitlock headlines Flywheel Festival
HOUSTON – She is a national recording artist and she hales from Chickasaw County, where she learned her unique style of gospel music in this community.
Brenda Whitlock is a popular gospel soloist, and released her latest project “Who Is She” with ten original songs all penned by Brenda
The first national radio release “Not Gonna Let Nobody Take My Crown” hit national radio Jan.1 and this upbeat tune makes you want to sing with her.
Whitlock is expected to perform this song at the Flywheel Festival this weekend.
And Whitlock will sing many more of her hits, too.
Her previous release “A Soul Is Worth More” hit the national charts and the top 100 southern gospel charts and other national charts.
It’s not hard to sense Brenda’s great spirit and love for God, her family and ministry. She has served Him with her singing and songwriting most of her life. She started working as a soloist in 1997 and released her first solo single that same year after working for years with trios.
Her love for music opened up the first opportunity for Brenda that would bless folks in her little area of Okolona, and those far and near, when he gave her Brenda’s Concert Hall. She promoted many great concert events there at Brenda’s Concert Hall over the past 15 years with artists such as The Kingsmen, The Isaacs, The Sons Family, Wendy Bagwell & the Sunlighters, John Lanier and too many more to list.
Brenda was married to her lifetime sweetheart Sid Whitlock for 45 years. He went home to be with the Lord (the other love of his life) and has left a great void in her life.
Whitlock is quick to say her music is a witness and tool to help her bring people to the Lord.
She is also quick to acknowledge that her talent comes from God and is used by God every time she steps on stage.
You may contact Brenda at firstname.lastname@example.org or (662) 871-8336,or by email@example.com.
Whitlock takes to the Flywheel Festival stage at 11 a.m. Saturday.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Thursday, Sept. 26
• Arts and Crafts, market vendor setup.
• Steam and Diesel flywheel engine setup
• Ole Timers’ setup and sit.
Friday, Sept. 27
• Registration and display of antiques, tractors and engines.
• Registration of arts, crafts, food and flea market vendors.
• Anvil Shoot!
• Live Entertainment begins.
• Steak Supper to benefit Houston Basketball Boosters (carry-outs come by 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.)
• Live Entertainment ends
Saturday, Sept. 28
• Pink Ribbon 5K Run/Walk sponsored by New Century Houston.
• Opening Ceremonies.
• Weigh-in begins for tractor pull.
• Live Entertainment begins
• 4-H display in Houston Civic Center
• Parade of Power through Downtown Houston.
• Miss Flywheel Pageant Registration.
• Anvil Shoot!
• Kid’s Pedal Tractor pull.
• Ladies Skillet Toss.
• Men’s Piston Toss.
• Houston Hospital Nurses at the Chickasaw Museum.
• Antique Tractor Pull & Steel Wheel Tractor Pull.
(times and events subject to change)
• Anvil Shoot!
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Sundancer crosses 2016 Solar Car Challenge finish line July 23, 2016
- Samford names Herrod to Dean’s List July 20, 2016
- Fire burns Thorn home Sunday July 25, 2016
- Authorities seek suspects in two shootings July 25, 2016
- Shearer-Richardson announces expansion July 25, 2016
- ICC valedictorian, salutatorian scholars named. July 27, 2016
- Mississippi Showcase features local baseball talent July 27, 2016
- FLOYD INGRAM: Solar racers make us Houston proud July 27, 2016
- Dr. Darrick Whitfield: Don’t be a slacker! July 27, 2016
- Sundancer finishes first, again July 27, 2016
- Jim Garth Horn: Did I miss it or is there anywhere in the article ...
- Americasgone: They have a "no guns" sign on their door. If the...
- Americasgone: This has to be a joke. They have good employees an...
- Jessica Lacy: Leadershipprovides with the opportunity to lead. E...
- a: Cars with tags from 12 different counties can rout...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 3 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 3 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 3 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 3 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 3 years ago