CALHOUN CITY – Ruthie Mae Rogers Boland, 83, died Thursday, Sept. 26, 2013, at Calhoun Health Services Nursing Home in Calhoun City. She was born April 16, 1930, in Yalobusha County to John Williams Rogers and Sallie Rebecca Fields Rogers.
She was a homemaker and a member of Shiloh Baptist Church.
Survivors include a stepson, Carl Bertrand Boland III of Los Angeles, Calif.; two sisters-in-law, Alene Rogers of Grenada and Doris Rogers of Calhoun City; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Carl Boland Jr.; her parents; one sister, Ann Davis Corbin; and six brothers, J.T. Rogers, Holland Rogers, Earl Rogers, J.W. Rogers, Jim Rogers and Gene Rogers.
Services will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 28, at Pryor Funeral Home Chapel in Calhoun City. The Rev. Jimmy Vance will officiate. Burial will be in Shiloh Cemetery at Big Creek. Pryor Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
Pallbearers will be Barry Rogers, Jimmy Rogers, Alex Rogers, David Rogers, Billy Rogers and Ronald Harville. Honorary pallbearers will be Jessie Earl Rogers, Jimmy Davis, Charles “Buddy” Davis and John Davis.
Online condolences can be left at pryorfuneralhome.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to Press This! (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
About Floyd Ingram
- Man falls from Houston Airport tower January 19, 2017
- HISD refines drug testing policy January 20, 2017
- Houlka mourns death of former mayor January 19, 2017
- ICC hosts Leadoff Banquet January 19, 2017
- FLOYD INGRAM: Time for a change January 20, 2017
- Okolona commends fire department January 23, 2017
- Never to be forgotten January 22, 2017
- WEDDING: Darphin/Brand January 22, 2017
- Area crappie gathering in big schools. January 21, 2017
- TONY COOK: Let’s pray for our schools January 21, 2017
- June Criddle Linley: I have no problems with making sure students are d...
- Mamabear: I knew this man. He was an extremely talented son...
- Jean Ulmer Gaskin: Chip, you and Rocky turned out to be wonderful men...
- jonathan makeley: Jim Hedges 2016 If you would like to join the Proh...
- Bet Rob: I came into town over the weekend to ride part of ...
- RT @wcbiweather: The heat index has surpassed 100 in many spots today. Stay cool out there! #mswx #alwx #wcbi http://t.co/Lt2LRZTDcm 4 years ago
- RT @dennisseid: OSHA: 24 work-related deaths in Miss. last year http://t.co/lgEYYtK7ZR 4 years ago
- Speech pathologists work to better communication skills | Monroe Journal http://t.co/lyHLvb0OS1 4 years ago
- Mumford & Sons bassist has blood clot on brain http://t.co/4xNLMhxaif 4 years ago
- Mobile home fire claims one | Itawamba Times http://t.co/FHouwxbnsp 4 years ago